Monday, June 15, 2009

Access to the path ’Employee_Req.xsn’ is denied

I have a HR workflow which was developed on K2 platform. It is an InfoPath integrated workflow, and Employee_Req.xsn is my form name. When I built my project, I got this error: Access to the path ‘Employee_Req.xsn’ is denied. I noted the form was checked out from VSS so there shouldn’t have access problem.

This didn’t happen before I upgraded K2 BlackPearl from SP1 to 0807 with build number 4.8210.2.0. After lots of investigations, I found K2 automatically created a deployment package under obj\Debug when building, and the form was copied to obj\Debug\Deployment\Bin. I think K2 copied the form before I checked it out, so the form in that folder was still Read-Only. Now the fix is pretty simply, just uncheck Read-Only property box, or delete the whole Deployment folder under obj\Debug.

Months ago, I upgraded K2 from 0807 4.8210.2.0 to 0807.8210.2.370, and this issue doesn’t happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment