Monday, June 15, 2009

An Issue in Updating SharePoint Form Library Column from K2

This is the same K2 InfoPath Integrated workflow which mentioned in my last post. After the form is uploaded to the SharePoint form library, I’m trying to use K2 SharePoint Document Events to update SharePoint library columns(the values are from some fields in the form). For most test cases, it works fine. But I get the following error if there’re special character such as ‘&’, ‘<’ and ‘>’ in the field which is used to update the column.

An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 1945.

It seems this is a known issue and K2 support told me they will fix this issue in the next SP. Well, I can’t wait for them as this workflow is running in my production. Luckily I figured out a simple solution. When publishing the form to SharePoint form library, in the publish wizard at “You can make forma data listed below available as column names on a SharePoint site” step, I chose the fields which were used as columns. And then in K2, I removed K2 SharePoint Document Events which I used to update the library columns. In another words, I used SharePoint to update the columns from the form fields instead of using K2 to update SharePoint columns. It works perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment