Monday, July 27, 2009

Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown

I have some development experience in SharePoint OM. I programmed on web parts, features, events etc. Now it’s time to do SharePoint program by using SharePoint web services.

In my last post, I made a solution to display positions and other information of vessels in SharePoint. In this solution, BizTalk gets GPS text data from the vendor through FTP, converts to xml and then updates Vessel lists in several Vessel Pool sites. Finally the Google Map web part displays the vessels’ information.

I got this error when I worked on BizTalk side to call the SharePoint web service: “Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown”. This happened when I tried to get the list items in vessel list. This is because the URL I used to call the web service is TopSite + "/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx". The web service in SharePoint is scope based, which means I can only call the web services which are in the same site I’m operating. So I change the URL to SubSite + "/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx", and it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment